Join a high-powered startup leading innovation with verification and security. Extremely high engineering benchmark, great runway and resources.
- High-powered startup with world's leading marketplace platform
- Leading innovation with verification and security
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship available for the right candidate
The Team and Company
Lean and high-powered team, spearheading the way is a technical lead with extensive experience scaling highly successful SaaS platforms from the ground up. This startup is incubated within a leading global marketplace platform, poised to leverage the extensive reach, capabilities and assets of the wider group with significant autonomy.
Are you hearing the calling of this role?
- Are you excited about maintaining integrity and security of sensitive data and leading the charge with verification technology?
- Do you have OCD for high quality code?
- Are you ambitious about fulfilling a pressing market need with a real sense of urgency?
- Do you intrinsically care about customer needs and have the ability to translate it into a forward thinking product?
- Are you wanting this so bad you're dying to hear more?
The must haves
- Dealing with ambiguity, 'minimum viable products', and rapid iteration & learning is your mojo
- You're so positive and resilient you liken yourself to a plant growing out of a parched crack
- You can analyse and solve problems like a world-class chess champion, yet welcome collaboration and different perspectives
- You can help your 60 year old grandpa understand technical concepts with your words and writing
- You can identify trade-offs and make decisions based on sound judgement, as well as take ownership for all outcomes
- You can (hypothetically) sell someone a pen
- Significant (more than 5 years commercial experience) in Backend development with Ruby on Rails (or similar)
Software craftsmanship in
- Architecting and building highly secure, fault tolerant, reliable, scalable and extensible systems
- Data modelling, design patterns, understanding trade-offs
- Testable, effective and communicative code
- Microservices architecture
Strong experience in agile and engineering best practices
Integrating third party systems
Understanding and experience with AWS services
In depth data & application security knowledge and skills
You get brownie points for
Experience with any of
- Identity or credential verification
- Working with government agencies
- Screening and interviewing developers
Technical skills, experience with
- ReactJS and TypeScript
- Encrypted and highly sensitive data
- Payment gateways, web analytics, or SSO integrations
- Full stack development (stronger emphasis on Backend)
We welcome your involvement and sharing of open source projects if you have them. Feel free to include a link to your portfolio, blog, GitHub, StackOverflow, BitBucket, Dribbble, Behance - anything that shows off your skills!