Full ownership in data roadmap and developing mature data pipelines | Influencing business decisions with data-driven insights
- Industry leading investment fund (17.6 B in portfolio)
- Developing, testing and improving ETL pipelines
- Communicate with stakeholders and deliver business-driven data insights
The Team and Company
Our client is a leading investment fund, managing $17.6 billion in investment and development portfolio across commercial, retail, industrial and residential markets. Their success generates returns for more than 50% of working Australians invested through some of Australia's largest industry superannuation funds.
They are currently looking to hire a Data Engineer to join their Strategy and Capital Markets team.
What will you be doing?
This role seeks to promote objectivity in investment decision-making by providing data-driven (empirically-based) insights to the business, which have various levels of data and analytical expertise.
You will have access to exciting cloud data engineering tools, and be relied on your creativity and experience in designing and implementing mature ETL pipelines. You will also be developing dashboard visualisation and communicating to business stakeholders on your findings.
Who are we looking for?
Ideally you have strong fundamentals in software engineering, with an interest to dip your toes in data science.
*Technical skills *
- Strong technical knowledge of data processing and management
- Python is essential, but you get bonus points for experience with R (Data wrangling and Streaming)
- Cloud computing knowledge (e.g. Azure)
- Experience in data visualisation tool (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI, ggplot, d3.js) - Tableau is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server and Git
- Front-end development skills will be handy from the data visualisation perspective
*Attributes & values *
- Communication and influencing ability
- Leadership, creativity and initiative in driving and delivering projects
- Willingness to teach and learn new technologies and techniques
- Experience in real estate, finance or economics
- Prior analytics consulting experience
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Ownership and autonomy in your role
- Flexible working arrangements
- Working with the exciting tech
We welcome your involvement and sharing of open source projects if you have them. Feel free to include a link to your portfolio, blog, GitHub, StackOverflow, BitBucket, Dribbble, Behance - anything that shows off your skills!
About us | MitchelLake Group
MitchelLake Group has been advising early stage and mature organisations experiencing rapid growth and transformation for over a decade. We believe innovation is at the heart of our future. That is why we provide specialist talent for start-ups and companies in the high-tech space.
MitchelLake Consulting are working on a retained basis and are responsible for all pre-screening of candidates. If this role seems of interest and you believe you have the right skill set, please apply today.