Killer opportunity for a talented Front End Engineer to join a hugely successful Tech Start Up based in Melbourne!
- Be part of a lean, mean, cross-functional team
- Awesome Start Up Culture
- Very flat structure - Work with the CTO & co-founders on a daily basis
We have an awesome opportunity for a talented Front End Developer to join a hugely successful Melbourne Tech Start Up. You will come on board at a very exciting time as our client has secured a further round of substantial funding and will now be growing their lean, mean and extremely talented cross-functional Development Team in Melbourne.
As an already gifted Engineer, you would be fully involved in the entire agile creative process from, inception to launch. You would make high impact contributions as you continue to develop and progress along your path to becoming a heavyweight senior engineer!
As a Front End Developer you will have the following responsibilities:
- Building and releasing amazing new company products and features
- Take ownership of the architecture and design and gather requirements from the product owner and break them up into development tasks
- Learn a complicated solution very quickly and become an expert source of knowledge for the rest of the team.
- Be considered an expert amongst peers and ideally the development community.
- Commit to research and development to find the best options for given contexts (e.g. currently using Angular.js, if you'd like to make a case for a new framework/library, you'll have the freedom to do so)
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to define and design new features and analyse complex feature requests and suggest implementation strategies.
- Define and Improve quality of code by participating in code reviews and contribute to the team becoming a well-oiled machine!
- A love for Agile development.
- Work with your counterpart on the backend to mentor & evangelise around development best practices with your focus being on the Front End realm.
- Have a direct impact on cutting edge UX/Design decisions
You'll have a combination of the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of advanced styling processing and techniques (post css, future css, less, sass, etc)
- Understanding of build tools and how they relate to frontend development (grunt, webpack, gulp, etc)
- Ability to maintain existing code base with variant designs and implementations and strive towards a better tomorrow.
- Excellent understanding of Git and ideally experience using "Git Flow"
- Experience in a Scrum team and a detailed understanding of different scrum methodologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of major frontend frameworks (Angularjs, Kackbonejs, Knockoutjs, Reactjs, etc).
- Very good experience with Unit Testing
- A real grasp of the benefits of being agile and lean
- Experience in API's (JSON / REST)
In return our client offers a very competitive salary, awesome perks, an incredible office space, and competitive opportunities to innovate on a number of major developments across the company's applications.
If you have a mixture of the skills and experience required however feel a little light in certain areas please do feel free to get in touch as our client is open to using the "right tools for the job" based on how you work!
Please submit your CV via the link or directly to me via