Are you a curious software engineering grad with strong ambitions to develop a high-impact product? This is your chance to join an innovative startup!
- Bringing into production features with potential to open up new markets
- Steep growth curve, professional development in all aspects of the business
- Big impact in small team, ideas highly valued
The Team and Company
A forward-thinking startup spun out of a group of technology companies leveraging machine learning, mathematics and operations research to help businesses operate more efficiently. The company is rapidly growing and have proven successes in helping businesses save money, time and ease in rolling out high quality networks. The high-powered team is bristling with ideas, and is at the forefront of innovation with cutting-edge technologies.
If you're a curious and driven software engineering grad with a thirst to build a world-class product, this will be an exciting opportunity for you to experience all aspects of a startup with strong support of your professional development.
What will you be doing?
- Getting your hands-dirty with programming and bringing into production features that could open up new markets
- Collaborating with clients and colleagues on requirements gathering and application design
- Develop, test, maintain and support applications
- Working autonomously as well as a solid team player
Who are we looking for?
- *Attitude and mindset *
I'm sure you got the hint, attitude and soft skills will be KEY for this role! Curiosity, strong communication, initiative and accountability will make us swoon over you. You'll really enjoy working with us if you have an interest and ability to wear multiple hats and are constantly brimming with ideas (we love ideas!). Pair all that with an insane ability to solve complex problems and (hey, what's that?) - walk right in, we've got a table with your name on it!
- *Technicalities *
We're tech agnostic as long as you can demonstrate strong computer science fundamentals, however these can give you more brownie points
- Experience with full-stack development
- Deep understanding and working skills in database systems (e.g. relational databases and SQL queries, ORMs and NoSQL concepts)
- Tertiary degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Experience in geospatial data concepts, formats and tools
- Worked with AWS systems and development (e.g. EC2's, Lambdas, serverless offerings.
- Appreciation of UX design
What's so great about us?
- The team is bristling with ideas, extensive quality IP, big on innovation and new technologies
- Ideas are highly valued
- Supportive professional development pathways
- Work flexibility
We welcome your involvement and sharing of open source projects if you have them. Feel free to include a link to your portfolio, blog, GitHub, StackOverflow, BitBucket, Dribbble, Behance - anything that shows off your skills!