Own the mobile roadmap of a successful startup disrupting the traditional gaming industry, make an impact on the product from grassroots level.
- Well-funded startup disrupting traditional gaming industry
- Own mobile development roadmap with impact at grassroots level
- Experienced founder with demonstrated success scaling gaming businesses
The company and team
Our client is successful gaming startup changing the landscape of the traditional betting industry, led by a highly accomplished founder with more than 19 years hands-on experience in the industry. They are very well-funded and have a proven business model, with a user growth rate of 20% month-on-month for the past 12 months.
With a technical lead spearheading the way, you will be a key hire in mobile development and have the ability to make an impact from grassroots level. Working directly with the technical lead, you will have the runway to establish the tools and technologies that will be best fit moving forward.
What You'll Be Doing
- Hands-on development and maintenance of iOS application across all supported iOS devices
- Integration with backend services
- Provide expertise on latest tools and technologies that will be best fit for the platform and be involved in refactoring / upgrade process
- Sharing the workload on other parts of development, e.g. web / backend / frontend services within reasonable limits
- Provide technical expertise on how to enhance the platform for best user experience
- Decision maker on choice of tooling, architectural and design models, advocate for engineering best practices
Who we're looking for
- iOS engineer with strong engineering fundamentals, ideally with experience in other areas of development, e.g. database design, web frontend and backend, API integrations
- Thrives on high ownership and working autonomously, comfortable with the full spectrum of working at a startup (culture of moving fast and failing fast, rapid iterations with changing business requirements and ability to juggle multiple hats)
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively, easily explain technical concepts to non-technical audience and translating business requirements (e.g. converting normal English to tech speak and vice versa)
Tech Stack and technicalities
iOS development (with some exciting upgrades underway!)
- Xcode 8.2
- SWIFT 2.3
- iOS 10.2
Some other web development experience that would come in handy
- SQL (preferably T-SQL)
- Relational Database Design
- RestFUL APIs
Tall ask, but brownie points if you have experience with these
- AngularJS, JQuery, ServiceStack
- CI / CD
We welcome your involvement and sharing of open source projects if you have them. Feel free to include a link to your portfolio, blog, GitHub, StackOverflow, BitBucket, Dribbble, Behance - anything that shows off your skills!