Are you a data geek who's recently graduated? Join this leading startup leveraging automation & analytics to help businesses operate more efficiently.
- Getting your hands dirty with pre- and post-processing of Geospatial data
- Steep growth curve, professional development in all aspects of the business
- Big impact in small team, ideas highly valued
The Team and Company
A forward-thinking startup spun out of a group of technology companies leveraging machine learning, mathematics and operations research to help businesses operate more efficiently. The company is rapidly growing and have proven successes in helping businesses save money, time and ease in rolling out high quality networks. The high-powered team is bristling with ideas, and is at the forefront of innovation with cutting-edge technologies.
If you have a strong analytics background with a passion in converting data into actionable insight, this will be an exciting opportunity for you to contribute to a world class product, while experiencing all aspects of a startup with strong support of your professional development.
What will you be doing?
- Extract data from customer Geospatial data sets
- Writing scripts to process (import and export) data into systems using open-source and in-house tools
- Manage customer requests (e.g. for data input and output) and support queries
- Perform periodic quality assurance checks
- Long-term efforts in implementing automation and Business Intelligence offerings to pull quality assurance insights
Who are we looking for?
- *Attitude and mindset *
I'm sure you got the hint, attitude and soft skills will be KEY for this role! Curiosity, strong communication, initiative and accountability will make us swoon over you. You'll really enjoy working with us if you have an interest and ability to wear multiple hats and are constantly brimming with ideas (we love ideas!). Pair all that with an insane ability to solve complex problems and (hey, what's that?) - walk right in, we've got a table with your name on it!
- Experience in data processing, with strong spreadsheet software skills
- Demonstrated capability in dealing with complex data sets and data analytics
- Tertiary degree with analytical focus (science, engineering, maths)
- Experienced to some level in GIS and/or CAD systems.
- Experienced with database querying
- Experienced in scripting/programming (e.g. using Python or R).
What's so great about us?
- The team is bristling with ideas, extensive quality IP, big on innovation and new technologies
- Ideas are highly valued
- Supportive professional development pathways
- Work flexibility
We welcome your involvement and sharing of open source projects if you have them. Feel free to include a link to your portfolio, blog, GitHub, StackOverflow, BitBucket, Dribbble, Behance - anything that shows off your skills!