We have an awesome opportunity for a Senior Full Stack Engineer (RoR) to join one of Melbourne's biggest success stories!
- Iconic Melbournian Startu
- World-class engineering practices, deploying code several times a day
- Awesome culture and offices with Band Practice area and Meditation Room
RoR - Senior Full Stack Developer
We're helping build one of Melbourne's leanest, meanest engineering teams. There is an opportunity for a killer Full Stack Ruby on Rails Engineer to join one of Melbourne's biggest success stories. You will come on board at a very exciting time as our client grows their lean, mean and extremely talented cross-functional Web Product team in Melbourne. Our client has one of the largest Rails websites in the world and use many technologies to make sure it runs smoothly including Rails, Amazon Web Services, Solr and Linux.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be fully involved in the entire agile creative process from inception to launch. Everyone contributes to the business direction and has the opportunity to see their ideas come to fruition. Whether you're someone who likes to optimise or a creator with new ideas, everyone gets airtime.
As a Senior Full Stack Developer you will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the design and build advanced applications for the company platform
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to define, design and new features
- Because our client is scaling so quickly, you will get to improve our quality of code and contribute to the team becoming a well-oiled machine!
- Release code multiple times a day, while handling the challenges of scale
- Maintain a leading edge understanding of Full Stack development tools and trends
- A love for Agile development.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced yet autonomous environment.
- Learn a musical instrument for the Battle of the Bands in the Band Practice area!
Skills & Experience;
- BA, BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Insight / interest into the challenges facing a high-traffic, public website
- A real grasp of the benefits of agile and lean
- Tremendous attention to detail and The ability to write tested, comprehensible, scalable code
- Experience leading a very talented team!
- This is an end to end role, so candidates will ideally have some experience in deployment and infrastructure