Join a high growth global technology company, backed by major investment firms. Manage and scale a robust platform to uncover insights from big data.
- High growth venture working with robust data sets
- Engineering high throughput, low-latency solutions
- Strong leadership team and flexible working culture
Our client is a high-growth global technology company, providing a disruptive mobile platform for brands and customers to better-connect. They are backed by major investment firms and have launched into several new markets this year with strategic partnerships in place. Working with millions of data points a day, they are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to help manage and scale their platform to automate and generate new insights.
What you'll be doing
- Building systems to uncover and automate interesting insights from big data
- Improving infrastructure and processes from planning to deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Optimize performance, availability and latency
- On-call rotations and escalations
*About you *
You are someone who loves to see the impact of your work, and have a passion for building complex, scalable systems. You are driven to leverage technology in uncovering new insights from large data sets, and a keen advocate of workflow automation.
*You will have *
- The ability to drive for solutions, take ownership, and experiment
- Desire to learn and quickly pick up new technologies, not afraid of exploring unchartered territories
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience will be considered
- Strong software development background, able to code in any of Java, Kotlin, Python, Ruby, Go
- Proficiency with CI/CD and automation tools Chef, Packer and Terraform. Experience with containerisation is a bonus.
- Working knowledge of the LINUX environment, with fundamentals in filesystems, memory management, threads and processes
- Developed and maintained large scale distributed systems (multi-tier architectures, micro services, application security, monitoring, data visualisation and storage systems)
- Expertise in AWS (Lambda, EMR, EC2, ECS, RDS, Cloud Formation)
- Networking knowledge, such as TCP/IP stack, HTTP, internet routing and load balancing.
Benefits you'll enjoy
- Competitive salary package + company equity
- Flexible working arrangements including the ability to work from home
- Making a big impact on business and culture in a small team
- Great culture of support and development
- Building products with disruptive and emerging technologies