Leadership opportunity optimising an existing PHP codebase or scale with new technologies & best-practices (node.js, AWS, CI/CD, Microservices, TDD)
- Incubated digital product team within an ASX-listed organisation
- Establish technical direction and engineering best-practices alongside the CTO
- Existing product with technical freedom to define/architect new microservices
An exciting opportunity has opened up at the beginning of a major growth journey with one of Australia's most iconic brands. Our client is looking for a Software Engineering Manager & Technical Leader to grow a high-profile product within an incubated division, currently funded as an incubated transformation hub. This is a greenfield initiative for a groundbreaking digital product, and you'll have the chance to impact an established customer base, with considerable room for growth into new markets verticals and geographies.
Borne from a recent acquisition, you will be joining the business at the inception of a brand new Digital Product team as the leader of a small, high-caliber group of software engineers. You'll report directly to the CTO and will collaborate with the executive leadership to establish software engineering best-practices, as well as laying the technical roadmap for how this product will scale.
A strong technical background, including solid computer science fundamentals is essential to establish an understanding of the existing stack, as well as to define scalable tech strategy and hiring needs moving forward. You'll also need to have the business acumen to be product-minded about decisions within the agile development team, always evangelising about the impact of engineering problems on customer experiences. Your role will go a step further in assessing how to hire best-in-class talent to grow a lean, high-velocity team of agile technologists, all of whom are on board with a continuous improvement mindset and empathy for the customer journey.
This is a chance to be part of something fresh and new, with all of the runway of a hyper-growth startup, but with the stability of an established organisation. You will also be encouraged to build a profile for the team you'll be leading in the development community, publicising the innovations in your team and drawing industry insights from meetups, conferences, and the open-source community.
We're open to great leaders from diverse backgrounds, but a combination of the following would be ideal:
- Strong ability to lead software engineering teams in an agile product development environment
- Experience driving engineering best-practices (including CI/CD, Test Automation, DevOps, etc.)
- Ideally, strong background with the LAMP Stack OOP languages like (ideally PHP/Node.js, but also open to other languages)
- Ability to interact with their existing PHP codebase (Zend, Symphony, Laravel), with the runway to change tact with new/different technologies
- Experience with AWS (or similar public cloud technologies Google Cloud, Azure), REST APIs, Microservices, Elasticsearch, Git
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field
Please get in touch with ** ** to learn more, or apply now!