Be the technical leader for a well-funded early stage startup disrupting traditional gaming industry, proven business model and strong user growth.
- Well-funded startup disrupting traditional gaming industry
- Own and lead technical roadmap of the business, input into additional tech hires
- Employee stock options, bright and energetic young team
Our client is very successful gaming startup changing the landscape of the traditional betting industry, led by a highly accomplished founder with more than 19 years hands-on experience in the industry. They are very well-funded and have a proven business model, with a user growth rate of 20% month-on-month for the past 12 months.
They are now looking for a Technical Lead to own and lead the technical direction of the business, the first hire in building up a strong development team.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work directly with founder and team to translate business requirements into an amazing product
- Provide technical expertise on how to enhance the platform for best user experience
- Decision maker on choice of tooling, architectural and design models, advocate for engineering best practices
- Input on additional development team hires
- Hands-on development as well as leading a team
Who we're looking for
- A technically strong engineer with great business acumen (e.g. experience with own startup / dabbling with business ventures and understands business priorities)
- Thrives on high ownership and working autonomously, comfortable with the full spectrum of working at a startup (culture of moving fast and failing fast, rapid iterations and changing business requirements)
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively, easily explain technical concepts to non-technical audience and translating business requirements (e.g. converting normal English to tech speak and vice versa)
- Strong leadership experience - ability to mentor other developers and provide strong technical guidance
Tech Stack and technicalities
- .Net / SQL / Azure (however we're tech agnostic, open to exploring other technologies if you can come up with a compelling argument)
- Expertise in backend architecture, systems and databases
- RESTful APIs and API management tools
- Continuous Integration, Delivery, DevOps and Automation
We welcome your involvement and sharing of open source projects if you have them. Feel free to include a link to your portfolio, blog, GitHub, StackOverflow, BitBucket, Dribbble, Behance - anything that shows off your skills!