This specialist Digital Consultancy need a highly ambitious GM that has a strong background in operations, financial reporting and scaling teams.
- Unique opportunity to become a GM of a leading digital and social consultancy
- Strong investment and backing from the Board of Directors
- Chance to take this consultancy through the next phase of their growth
A specialist digital and social media marketing and communications consultancy for Australia's innovation technology industries, with a predominant focus on life sciences and health. Their language, experience and networks are largely within professional sectors that are typically highly regulated and operate within reasonably complex technical or specialised environments and language. They have a clear vision as to how life science sectors can use digital tools and platforms, such as social media, to amplify and advance the profile of organisations and individuals.
Through organic growth and a loyal customer base, they have cemented themselves as the leaders in the STEMM space but in order to get to the next stage of their growth, they need a highly ambitious GM that has a strong background in operations, financial reporting and scaling teams.
As the General Manager, your main responsibilities will be:
- Create the strategy (including goals, KPI's, and focus areas).
- Create the high level plan and roadmap to achieve the company's goals.
- Work with the CEO and Board of Directors to scale the business over the next five years.
- Update Dashboards, Forecasts & P&L monthly so that it is accurate and reliable
- Responsible for driving the P&L chart of accounts
- Partner with the best people internally and externally to ensure the execution of accurate financials including budgeting, forecasting, reporting and financial insights.
- Responsible for identifying accounts receivables and payables and weekly admin with bookkeeper
- Drive reports to keep them accountable to achieving goals they set.
- Facilitate regular catch ups, quarterly and annual reviews in line with your strategy to ensure direct reports have clear expectations passed to them and are held accountable to their agreed deliverables.
Business Systems, Processes and services
- Seek out the right tools, systems and processes to enable the company to achieve its goals most efficiently.
- Own or delegate the successful rollout of business systems & processes.
- Commercial and legal steward for the company, manage relevant outsource services agreements ie professional services.
Essential skills and experience you'll bring to the table:
- Held strategic and operational management roles where you have scaled an agency
- Strong team management experience with an approach of a servant leader
- P&L and budget management experience
- Strong background in either operations, consulting or relevant start-up/agency experience
- Worked and thrived in an agile and continual improvement culture where you have built an engaged and successful team
MitchelLake Growth are working on a retained basis and are responsible for all pre-screening of candidates. If this role seems of interest and you believe you have the right skill set, please apply today. Please contact ethan(at)mitchellake.com All direct and 3rd party CV's will be forwarded to MitchelLake.