Mitchellake is working with a successful marketplace and new eCommerce player to hire a UX Lead to lead design in a small, growing team.
- Fast-Growing Technology Company
- Fantastic Team Culture
- Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
Reporting to: Head of Product
Direct Reports: Two
- Plan and facilitate all design activities, including planning and estimating design, scoping and research for both the core marketplace as well as the eCommerce offering
- Translate your research findings into design recommendations and deliverables
- Set up best practices internally, including design research and testing
- Participate in Design team activities such as our weekly design critique, including leading by example through sharing your own work on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering and other cross-functional team members.
- Provide insights on design and research approaches and best practices to others
- Lead on continuous improvement of internal processes and practices for the Design team.
- Lead and mentor more junior members of the design team
- Monitor and jump in where necessary on UI design tasks
- Be the voice of design internally, communicating the work of design to the senior leadership team and across the business
- Minimum four to six years of UX/ UI design experience and relevant academic qualifications
- Ability to set up and lead on best practice design
- Desire and ability to manage a small team
- Happy to be hands-on on the tools as well as leading and setting the design strategy
This role would suit an experienced Senior looking to take a step up in their career; or a current UX Lead seeking the autonomy and opportunity that comes from working for a growing startup.
Please apply with CV and portfolio. Contact Lara Morgan for more info.