An established product company is hiring their first dedicated UX Researcher to establish processes and own their design research practice.
The company is an established Australian Founded product company, with over 100 people globally amongst three beautiful office spaces.
● Building a deep understanding of the users and customers of the product
● Development of appropriate research methods and processes in line with business objectives
● Bring rigor to projects and take the lead on planning research, using a variety of research
methods (usability testing, surveys, interviews, card sorting, diary studies etc), and
communicating findings back to the project team, creating actionable and timely insights to guide work
● Continually report on and communicate health of user experience, informing team of any issues
● Gather and analyse feedback, translating findings into recommendations for the relevant parts of the organisation
● Use of both qualitative and quantitative data to support recommendations
● Provide research insights to support decision making both within projects and to inform strategy
● Work in close partnership with Product Designers and other stakeholders in planning and
● Clearly rationalize and justify research-backed recommendations and champion the needs of our users
● Provide regular meaningful feedback to other Design team members to help them grow their skills and research toolkit
● Looks out for and offers potential opportunities to other designers, as well as flags successes and concerns to the Director of Design
● Coach design peers and stakeholders on research
● 2+ years experience working as a UX researcher.
● Excellent practical understanding of research methodologies and have strong
documentation, communication and presentation skills with an ability to effectively input into
● Experience with user-centred design methodologies and integrating research in to agile
● Experience in planning and conducting a range of research methods including contextual enquiry, depth interviews, diary studies, remote usability testing, creating/facilitating workshops, and others as required
● Ability to articulate clear and actionable insights and recommendations, and in multiple ways
(such as journey maps, showcases, presentations etc)
● Flexibility in adapting your approach to meet the needs and standards of the organisation
● Organised, disciplined, analytically minded and rigorous
● Exceptional intellectual curiosity, a passion for problem-solving and comfortable working with
This role is suitable for an experienced UX Designer with some UX Research experience, looking to move into a dedicated Research role, or someone who is already part of a UX Research team, looking for the opportunity to make their mark as the first researcher in a cross-functional product design team. Some international travel may be required for this role.
Please contact Lara Morgan for more information.