Director, Financial Products Compliance - Zenefits
Here's the gist:
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HCM (human capital management) solution for small and medium businesses. Designed as an interconnected ecosystem of apps, Zenefits delivers the most complete HR experience by combining its own powerful apps with dozens of best-of-breed providers on the Zenefits platform. Built on a modern technology stack, Zenefits' platform provides a comprehensive employee Record tightly integrated with Zenefits' apps like onboarding, payroll, compliance and benefits administration and partner apps like email, expense management, 401(k) and employee engagement. The result is a powerful HCM solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their people, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time.
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative Director of Financial Products Compliance with exceptional communication and organizational skills to play a critical role in designing and implementing a market-leading, best-in-class compliance program addressing Zenefits' financial products compliance and fraud prevention. This is a highly visible role that will provide compliance expertise to business operations and product development. This role will report to the Chief Compliance Officer.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative, process-oriented and practical team player with a deep financial compliance expertise, who is undaunted by complexity and who thrives on tackling the challenges inherent in a fast-paced, high-growth tech environment. You will enjoy working with business partners across multiple functions to create innovative, scalable compliance programs and systems, and will be confident and competent interfacing with key regulators where required.
- Work with legal subject matter experts and outside counsel to monitor and interpret the various laws, regulations, contractual obligations and industry best practices relating to the Zenefits suite of financial products, including Payroll, Pension Plans, Stock Options, Commuter Benefits, Health Savings Accounts (HSA), and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
- Develop and enhance the existing fraud prevention and financial products compliance program, policies, procedures and guidance to continually improve our compliance posture.
- Provide awareness and training to personnel on how to interpret, understand and comply with the financial requirements.
- Advise business leaders on regulatory requirements and risks relating to the design, marketing and delivery of financial products and services to the company's customers.
- Work closely with product engineering to ensure the Zenefits' financial products comply with compliance requirements.
- Design controls to monitor and validate compliance with requirements. Monitor and support the resolution of compliance risks. Respond to actual or potential violations identified through auditing and report back to leadership.
- Maintain documentation and executive reports on the fraud prevention and financial products compliance program.
A little more about you:
- Bachelors degree in business, finance, accounting or related field required. Graduate degree and certifications are a plus (CPA, CIA, CFE, JD, PMP, CCEP, MBA, Six Sigma Black Belt, etc.).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in financial compliance and/or operations.
- Experienced in building or performing compliance assessments or audits.
- Experienced in operational environments with a high-volume of transactions.
- Track record of success in positions of increasing responsibility, including building and implementing programs and processes.
- Collaborative team player and relationship builder with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, prioritize multiple urgent tasks, and deliver results in a fast-paced environment with extremely tight deadlines.
- Impeccable ethics.