DevOps Engineer - DNAnexus
DNAnexus combines expertise in cloud computing and bioinformatics to create the global network for genomics, operating in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (including China), South America, and Africa. The secure, scalable, and collaborative cloud-based DNAnexus Platform helps thousands of researchers across a spectrum of industries - biopharmaceutical, bioagricultural, sequencing services, clinical diagnostics, government, and research consortia - accelerate their genomics programs globally.
DNAnexus provides a genomic sequencing PaaS hosted in the public cloud. By utilizing the latest cloud technologies and best practices, we are building scalable and flexible infrastructure on to which we are delivering our innovative solutions to the market.
- Support application infrastructure to ensure the PaaS platform is optimized for performance and reliability
- Maintain and enhance core or shared components of the product as well as internal tools
- Provide architectural input for system design to improve scalability, reliability, and adaptability of infrastructure
- Work closely with the software development team and other parts of the company to provide a robust, flexible, and scalable platform that enables both product development and new service offerings
- Ensure processes adapt and evolve to reflect current and future best practices
- Deploy and maintain system automation technologies to streamline operations
- Manage incident response protocol and provide hands-on quarterbacking during major service interruptions
- 5+ years Linux Server system administration experience in a large-scale, high-traffic, redundant, cloud-based PaaS/SaaS environment at a Public Cloud provider
- Familiar with the challenges of maintaining the various layers of the web/application stack
- Knowledgeable of operational practices including DevOps and agile
- Familiar with modern web infrastructure technologies, virtualization, clustering, load-balancing and content delivery networks
- Implemented and/or maintained system automation technologies (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc)
- Experience with Open Source Web Servers (Apache, Nginx, etc.)
- Experience with system and application performance measurement and troubleshooting tools
- Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, firewall, load-balancing, etc.)
- Scripting ability (Perl, Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Know how to work closely with a team and collaborate effectively
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Have an insatiable appetite for technology
Desired skills and Experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related field or applicable experience
- Amazon EC2 experience and/or MS Azure
- Experience in continuous integration systems and methodologies
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch, Redis, MongoDB, Node, etc
Based in Mountain View, California, DNAnexus is experiencing rapid growth and is searching for the best talent to join our team. Key investors include Google Ventures, TPG Biotech, Wuxi NextCODE and Claremont Creek.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today!