Senior Software Engineer - DNAnexus
DNAnexus combines expertise in cloud computing and bioinformatics to create the global network for genomics, operating in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (including China), South America, and Africa. The secure, scalable, and collaborative cloud-based DNAnexus Platform helps thousands of researchers across a spectrum of industries - biopharmaceutical, bioagricultural, sequencing services, clinical diagnostics, government, and research consortia - accelerate their genomics programs globally.
You are a software engineer who wants to build core technologies for scaling up systems to thousands of servers for managing and analyzing petabytes of data. In this position, you will work on building an event driven automation platform. You will be responsible for designing a product that is highly available, fault tolerant and responsive from the ground up. You will also evolve this platform beyond operational automation into new and exciting areas.
- Build scalable infrastructure specifically targeted to the cloud environment
- Design, document, and implement new web service APIs for internal and external services
- Work closely with computational biologists and scientists to understand domain-specific needs
- Enable integration of DNAnexus services with external systems
- 5+ years of core software development experience
- Fluent in Java and Python
- Extensive knowledge of AWS, including VPC, IAM, Lambda and DynamoDB
- Experience using Linux and comfortable working in a Unix shell
- Team-oriented, with strong communication skills
- Strong computer science background, including low-level systems and algorithmic complexity
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new technologies and quickly adapt to new paradigms
What we care about
- Curiosity and humility. We are dedicated to learning and constantly improving. We hope you also value "unknown unknowns" and have a natural drive to figure out how everything works.
- Agility and ownership. Our teams have a high degree of freedom on how they build their systems, but they also take full ownership of what they deliver, in the long run.
- Monitoring and automation. We strongly believe that a fully automated system is key to rapid iterations, while an extensive set of metrics highlights what needs to be done.
- Balancing research and product. We value staying up-to-date on cutting edge research, while also shipping meaningful products enabling researchers to fulfill their mission.
Based in Mountain View, California, DNAnexus is experiencing rapid growth and is searching for the best talent to join our team. Key investors include Google Ventures, TPG Biotech, Wuxi NextCODE and Claremont Creek.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today!