Technical Recruitment Consultant - MitchelLake
Wow. Tech hiring in Silicon Valley is a real monkey knife fight these days, isn't it? It takes a special kind of recruiter to be successful in this time of 2% response rates and multiple competing offers. If you know your DevOps from your Systems Engineers, and you look at the current landscape as a challenging mountain to climb and not a pit of despair to wallow in, then keep reading.
At MitchelLake we're firmly focused on helping fast-growth tech companies build world class teams. And we've found that to be successful in startup land, you need flexibility and creativity and most of all innovation. We build exclusive recruitment partnerships with our clients, enabling us to connect brilliant people with some of the most exciting companies in the world.
We are now looking for a technical recruitment consultant to join our San Francisco/Silicon Valley-based embedded recruitment business. In this true consulting role, you will be embedded with one client at a time, working side by side with hiring managers to find and hire the best possible data engineers, devops, and node.js gurus. You'll own the tech hiring process from role kickoff to offer negotiation all while immersing yourself in some very cool businesses such as MuleSoft, CloudPassage, Wikia, AdRoll, and PopSugar.
Our ideal candidate is someone with real recruitment experience and a very consultative nature. Whether you're coming out of a contingent agency (dialing for dollars?) or an in-house role (getting pulled into HR?), you've got a solid base of experience placing hardcore tech roles. You don't have to be technical yourself, but you do know your Rails from your Django and how to ask the right questions to evaluate tech talent. If you stay on top of the tech landscape in Silicon Valley, know how to hire, and love bringing great people together, then we should talk.
Here are some of the key qualifications, knowledge, and attributes that we are looking for:
- College Degree
- 2 years or more of full lifecycle recruiting experience
- Broad experience in terms of roles recruited for
- Experience reporting on a set of recruiting metrics
- Experience with competency based/behavioral interviewing techniques
- Experience writing job advertisements
- Experience presenting and negotiating offers
- Experience with any kind of ATS or CRM
- Experience recruiting for early stage tech companies preferred, but not required
Knowledge/Skills (including technology)
- Understanding of entire recruitment process from job creation to offer stage
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Strong high-level knowledge of different technologies and software languages in use in the startup world OR strong knowledge of one functional domain (Marketing, Finance, Ops, etc.)
- Generally up to date with the latest trends in technology
- Strong negotiation/closing skills
- Understanding of recruitment metrics and the ability to show value using those metrics
Here at MitchelLake, we value our strong team culture of collaboration and collective sense of humor and fun. We're a true team and really enjoy working together. We do happy hours, monthly team events (sailing, wine tasting, Giants games... to name a few), and we take off a day a quarter to work for community or charity causes as a team. Our benefits package is outstanding for a small company (unlimited vacation, retirement savings plus matching). We're based in San Francisco, but also have offices in Sydney, Melbourne, and Singapore (and run a Chairman's Club to bring top performers from all those offices together every year - will you be part of that?)