OCTO Principal Architect - CloudPassage
CloudPassage is on a mission to enable Fortune 1000 companies to fearlessly embrace the power of agile computing by delivering innovative, automated security and compliance solutions. Founded in 2010, CloudPassage has successfully helped many enterprises undergo the digital transformation to the cloud, and we are continuing to grow as the industry leader in cloud workload visibility and protection.
At CloudPassage we value customer empathy, teamwork, and collaboration. While we serve large enterprises, we embrace startup values like innovation, agile product development, and employee growth. Most successful individuals at CloudPassage are intellectually curious, enjoy taking ownership, and look for ways to go the extra mile - and they like to foster a fun, exciting team environment.
CloudPassage is adding an outstanding individual with strong relevant experience and knowledge to the Office of the CTO in a principal architect role. This is a high-level, customer-facing role. It focuses on helping strategic customers understand CloudPassage solutions on a strategic and/or deep technical level. The successful candidate will be critical to helping customers gain maximum value from CloudPassage solutions through advanced technical usage and integrations, and through realization of Halo as a strategic component of larger cloud and cybersecurity architectures.
- Work with strategic customers to understand security and compliance needs related to adoption of automation, cloud infrastructure, agile development methodologies, devops processes, continuous delivery models, containerization, etc.
- Lead the technical design of sophisticated solutions to address specific short-term customer needs and long-term strategic benefits.
- Transition designs to in-house or partner professional services resources and facilitate successful implementation.
- Participate in definition and early prototyping of new functionality.
- Support marketing efforts through thought-leadership presentations at key industry events, private customer events, etc.
- Act as a collaborative cloud / security / compliance SME for development of marketing materials.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in cybersecurity or closely related domain with 5 years working directly in or consulting for large enterprises (e.g. Fortune 1000).
- Hands-on technical background in cybersecurity, preferably with cloud technologies as well (AWS, OpenStack, VMware vCloud, etc).
- Recent experience in customer-facing roles at an executive level (e.g. interacting with CSO, CIO, CTO) including owning solving technical problems in these situations.
- Has successfully developed and presented technical and/or thought-leadership content in the cybersecurity domain to large groups (e.g. large industry events).
- Experience as technically-focused CSO, cyber security architect, or technical security consultant strongly preferred.
- Experience with media interaction (interviews, commentary, contributed content, radio/television) preferred.