Senior Data Engineer - One Medical Group
At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the primary care industry. We combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented health care providers to give our members an amazing experience.
Our members enjoy access to top health professionals, with same day and after hours appointments so they can get in when they need to. Our appointments start on time, start with the doctor, and are twice as long as the industry average.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 50 locations nationwide in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, the San Francisco Bay Area, and Washington, DC.
Are you passionate too? If so, we invite you to join us.
If you like to work with data that are directly affecting business decisions, have a passion for doing new things with data, then this role is for you. As a key member of our data engineering team, you will work alongside our business analysts, business leaders, and the rest of our engineering team to help transform the way healthcare uses data.
What You'd Likely Work On
- Building analytics tools utilizing our data pipelines to provide actionable insights for our product and analyst teams.
- Building tools for our team and others to use for accessing and processing data
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business and engineering requirements.
- The core company data pipeline and scale our data processing flow.
- Data pipelines based on Python, S3, and Presto.
- An owner of everything you do. You take pride in building and delivering elegant code.
- A collaborative thinker. You enjoy working closely with all your coworkers -- both technical and clinical -- and discussing technical designs and trade-offs with your teammates.
- Thoughtful achiever. You strive to craft the complete product. You think through everything you build, from architecture and design to code and testing. You value scalability, maintainability and security.
- Seeking to do something bigger than just another job. You want to apply your skills to a cause that you care about, while working with a talented and fun team.
Some Good Things For You To Have
- Expertise in building out data pipelines, ETL design (both implementation and maintenance), and data warehousing.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with partners in engineering, data science, and product.
- Familiarity with the Hadoop/EMR, Hive, Presto, Spark, Pig and the AWS ecosystem.
- Solid Object Oriented design and implementation skills, ideally in Python
- Deep knowledge of SQL
- An understanding of how business analytics tools such as Tableau and Looker function is highly desirable.
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related experience.
What We Can Offer
- Super fast growing, innovative, successful startup that develops all of its own technology.
- Want to see how your work interplays with medical providers and patients? Sit down and collaborate with providers to ensure we're building the best systems.
- Downtown San Francisco location, close to BART and other public transit, as well as lots of coffee shops.
- Competitive compensation and free One Medical membership for you and your family and/or friends.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.