Great opportunity for growth & mentoring for junior-mid level Android engineers- join a VC-backed startup creating a revolutionary online marketplace.
- - VC-backed startup in online marketplace
- - Supported professional development and mentoring
- - cutting-edge technology using natural language processing and patented app
The team and company
An incredible startup providing a service where all it takes is one stop to get any job done. Founded in 2012, they're one of Australia's fastest growing businesses, featured in Deloitte's Fast 50 for 2 years in a row. They have helped put significant number of hours back into customers hands, as well as boosting small local businesses. The team is driven by a deep passion to continuously push for innovation and developing a platform that truly makes an impact to the community.
What will you be doing?
- Shipping and maintaining code for Android mobile apps
- Working closely with product managers, designers and cross-functional teams to design and deploy features throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Improving their awesome tech stack by researching and implementing latest libraries and technologies
- Ensuring stability of the applications
- Ability to influence mobile apps and have a genuine impact on customers' lives
Who are we looking for?
- Have experience in developing and deploying apps Android
- Have knowledge in either Java or Kotlin (and willingness to learn the other)
- Have strong software fundamentals, a passion for learning new tools and are able to work
- Have experience in consuming RESTful APIs
- Possess strong attention to detail and able to approach problems in a logical and structured method
- Able to communicate and collaborate effectively within a team environment
- Use an agile approach to software development
- iOS development experience
- Knowledge in either Objective-C or Swift (and willingness to learn the other)
- Culture of collaboration, flexibility and independence
- Awesome view from the office
- Ping pong tournaments
- Daily breakfast
- Celebratory company events
- Investment in talent with opportunities for internal promotions and secondments