Greenfield recommendation platform | Technical leadership | Strong funding, customer base and runway
- Be the pioneer of a greenfield recommendations platform
- Business is an industry lead with millions of videos streamed per month
- Visa sponsorship and relocation available for the right candidate
The Company and team:
Our client is one of the largest sports media companies in Australia. Their global coverage of live and recorded sports attracts more than a million unique visitors annually with millions of videos streamed per month.
With a healthy funding and runway, they are embarking on a journey to disrupt themselves by creating a live and on-demand sports-streaming service offering over 50 sports genres, available to stream on any device, at any time.
This role will sit within their Big Data Platforms & Decision Science team, and will take ownership of driving the technical roadmap of their recommendation engine and any Machine Learning related work.
What's your role?
Our client is looking for a Machine Learning / Data Science lead who has experience developing search and recommendation platforms, ideally within a multi-genre context. With the scale of content offered, you will be leaned on for your thought leadership and strategy on offering subscribers a serendipitous and personalised viewing experience.
Exposure to the sporting domain is optional, however any passion in this field would be highly favourable!
Exciting challenges you'll be tackling:
- Proactively driving insights across the business, designing and implementing the technical roadmap for the recommendation platform for a personalised consumer experience
- Working with the engineering and big data architect teams' to bring solutions into production
- Leading the architecture and design of the recommendation platform by developing, and productionizing the relevant machine learning models
- Building data pipeline, workflows and prototypes, translating technical concepts into concrete requirements
- Strong background in Data Science or Machine Learning
- Demonstrated experience developing search and recommendation systems
- Experience productionising Data Science / Machine Learning models
- Proficient with data mining, data manipulation and data visualisation techniques
- Deep understanding and application of NLP and scalable algorithm development
- Passion for solving complex problems and working with the best tools and technologies fit for purpose
- Familiar with long-form video content and subscription-based business model
- Experience with media-streaming (multi-sport / multi-genre) or e-commerce recommendation platforms
- Data Science: R, Python, Jupyter notebook
- Backend microservices with REST APIs
- Deployed on AWS (Kinesis/Kafka, EMR, EC2 Clusters, Redshift & S3)
- Big Data technologies e.g. Spark, Hadoop