Design, scale & automate a global network supporting millions of devices globally | Autonomous culture | Strong support for professional development
- Scale & automate cloud services serving more than 4 billion HTTP requests / day
- Autonomous environment with high ownership and impact to customers & product
- Develop new virtualisation environment with OpenStack
The company & team
Our client is a cloud-managed IT company headquartered in San Francisco and expanding rapidly in Sydney. They provide a full-suite of cloud-controlled products powering critical infrastructure of network switches, security appliances, wireless APs and security cameras. Backed by the resources and branding of a stable industry giant, they operate as an autonomous unit with great engineering culture.
The Infrastructure SRE team is responsible for shaping reliable and secure network connections to and within their private cloud, and is passionate about automating manual tasks with the right tools.
*This role is focused on designing and deploying new IaaS architecture to provide private and hybrid cloud infrastructures, as well as automating their service lifecycle platform. *
Exciting challenges you'll be tackling:
- Design and deploy new IaaS architecture to provide private cloud to internal stakeholders by leveraging tools like OpenStack.
- Design and deploy tooling and framework to facilitate the transition to a hybrid-cloud world.
- Build an automated service lifecycle platform to manage the full lifecycle of all infrastructure (server, storage, network and site).
- Developing comprehensive monitoring tools that provide visibility into the performance and reliability of our infrastructure.
- Automated testing infrastructure to accelerate the velocity at which we can deploy changes.
- Full-stack troubleshooting of production issues (application, system and network) through to root cause analysis and implementation of preventative measures.
- 5+ years of work experience in software development, particularly in systems, networking, distributed systems, databases, and data processing frameworks
- Strong familiarity in at least one of the following languages: Scala, Ruby, Java, Python, C/C++, Go
- Have previous experience designing and deploying cloud management platforms: OpenStack, CloudStack, etc.
- Basic familiarity with SQL
- A focused, organized approach to development, testing, and quality
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in analyzing, scaling, and debugging large systems processing lots of data
- Passion for the science in computer science
Bonus points for:
- A BS/MS/Ph.D in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a STEM field
- Interesting personal projects or contributions to open-source projects
- Mentorship and leadership experience in your previous positions
- Experience with cloud management platforms (OpenStack)
- Experience with public cloud (AWS)
We welcome your involvement and sharing of open source projects if you have them. Feel free to include a link to your portfolio, blog, GitHub, StackOverflow, BitBucket, Dribbble, Behance - anything that shows off your skills!
About us | MitchelLake Group
MitchelLake Group has been advising early stage and mature organisations experiencing rapid growth and transformation for over a decade. We believe innovation is at the heart of our future. That is why we provide specialist talent for start-ups and companies in the high-tech space.
MitchelLake Consulting are working on a retained basis and are responsible for all pre-screening of candidates. If this role seems of interest and you believe you have the right skill set, please apply today.