Highly successful Fintech Startup in Sydney CBD - automate everything on AWS in a Big Data environment (leadership position).
- Well-funded Sydney Fintech startup with major partnerships & global client-base
- Collaborative culture and high opportunity for growth into leadership
- Automate and develop tools in Big Data environment
Our client is a highly successful SaaS Fintech company changing the landscape of how businesses receive payments and manage inventory. With powerful platform that spans across multiple devices both online and offline, they have secured strong partnerships and high volume of clients globally.
They are now seeking a Technical Operation Engineer (DevOps and AWS specialist) to develop and automate processes for better health, performance and capacity of their AWS platform.
What You'll Be Doing
- Automate, automate, automate!
- Optimize performance, availability and latency
- Improving infrastructure and processes from planning to deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Analyse and refine resource allocation, especially on AWS platform
- Collaborate closely with engineers and QA teams to streamline deployment pipelines
Who we're looking for
- 3 to 5 years of experience in AWS architecture, able to set up new services, manage data migrations and integrations, take ownership of entire platform
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and systems architecture
- Able to diagnose and identify root cause quickly and resolve issues based on reasoning and experience
- Strong drive to learn new technologies and pick it up quickly
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a high performance environment
- Strong ownership and accountability in tackling challenges
Experience in Tech Stack:
- Linux systems (CentOS)
- AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, ElasticBeanstalk, ElasticCache, SQS etc)
- Docker and containerisation
- SQL and NoSQL Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB)
- Big data tools e.g. SumoLogic / Splunk
- REST API with OAuth 2.0
We welcome your involvement and sharing of open source projects if you have them. Feel free to include a link to your portfolio, blog, GitHub, StackOverflow, BitBucket, Dribbble, Behance - anything that shows off your skills!