Design, scale & automate a global network supporting millions of devices globally | Autonomous culture | Strong support for professional development
- Scale & automate cloud services serving more than 4 billion HTTP requests / day
- Autonomous environment with high ownership and impact to customers & product
- Strong focus on professional development and growing your career
The company & team
Our client is a cloud-managed IT company headquartered in San Francisco and expanding rapidly in Sydney. They provide a full-suite of cloud-controlled products powering critical infrastructure of network switches, security appliances, wireless APs and security cameras. Backed by the resources and branding of a stable industry giant, they operate as an autonomous unit with great engineering culture.
The Infrastructure SRE team is responsible for shaping reliable and secure network connections to and within their private cloud, and is passionate about automating manual tasks with the right tools.
Exciting challenges you'll be tackling:
- Developing comprehensive monitoring tools that provide visibility into the performance and reliability of our network infrastructure.
- Automated testing infrastructure to accelerate the velocity at which we can deploy changes.
- Design, implementation and management of an overlay network to support 1000's of containers.
- Have 3+ years experience designing, deploying and operating mid to large scale network environments.
- Have 2+ years experience scripting or coding with languages like Ruby, Scala, Python, or Bash.
- Your interest spans beyond routers and switches, you enjoy solving end-to-end problems and have solid experience with protocols at all layers of the OSI model (ARP, DNS, HTTP, etc).
- Script or code with 1-2 languages like Ruby, Scala, Python or Bash. You are comfortable digging into other people's source code in search of the root cause of a problem and you automate all the things.
- Have experience on a pager rotation where you responded to escalations quickly to minimize customer downtime. This role requires being part of a workday on-call rotation.
- Believe in the Unix way. You build large systems out of small components that each do one job and do it well. We run Debian.
Bonus points for:
- Network Security, BGP, OSPF, IPv6, TCP BBR, DMVPN, IPSec, MACSec, NMS, advanced Unix/Linux, system administration, scripting/Bash/Ruby/Python, project management experience, AWS/Azure, Docker, K8s, SDN/Openstack/Openflow, Ansible/Puppet/Chef, REST/SOAP APIs, TLS or Cloud/ISP/Telco exposure.
We welcome your involvement and sharing of open source projects if you have them. Feel free to include a link to your portfolio, blog, GitHub, StackOverflow, BitBucket, Dribbble, Behance - anything that shows off your skills!
About us | MitchelLake Group
MitchelLake Group has been advising early stage and mature organisations experiencing rapid growth and transformation for over a decade. We believe innovation is at the heart of our future. That is why we provide specialist talent for start-ups and companies in the high-tech space.
MitchelLake Consulting are working on a retained basis and are responsible for all pre-screening of candidates. If this role seems of interest and you believe you have the right skill set, please apply today.