Be at the helm of growth for a successful Agtech Startup | Be mentored by ex-CMO of Slack | Unique opportunity to join Australias next rocketship
- Successful, Funded Agtech Startup
- Create, grow and lead AgriWebbs Marketing Function
- Surry Hills Based - Unique Office
AgriWebb was born out of a real-life, personal problem for two of the Founders. Coming from four generations of Australian farmers, Justin Webb saw the need for a SaaS solution that enables farmers to simplify their record keeping, solve audit and accreditation needs, and increase overall productivity by empowering them to make data-driven, commercial decisions.
While studying at Oxford, Justin met Kevin Baum who recognised the global scale of the opportunity and a chance to disrupt a $1 trillion industry. They formed the business in 2014 along with a third Co-Founder, John Fargher, who grew up on a farm in SA and spent years searching for an applicable confluence between tech and farming.
Where are they on their journey?
Fast-forward four years and AgriWebb has raised over A$20 million in funding, has 37 employees across Australia and the UK, and over 2,700 farms using their platform right now. Their main focus has been on building a scalable tech platform that is best-in-class and easy-to-use. With the recent acquisition of a UK competitor, and the collaborative insight contributed from world-leading advisors and shareholders, AgriWebb are now in a prime position to scale their operations globally and disrupt an industry that is one of the most fundamental in the world.
About the role:
At the forefront of this next growth phase is marketing. With a lean marketing team currently in place and headcount to grow more, AgriWebb are looking for a VP of Marketing to lead and grow out the function.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Create a B2B marketing strategy using the full marketing mix with a focus on brand, acquisition, content, and CRM.
- Manage the global marketing function and partner with the product team to develop revenue and customer growth targets.
- Develop a scalable demand generation machine via multiple approaches and utilising multiple channels and advanced targeting methods.
- Lead brand awareness campaigns that are distinctive and will set AgriWebb apart from other providers.
- Manage the events strategy across external and internal events.
- Create a platform to curate customer stories with contributions from customers, partners and employees.
- Promote customer stories in all relevant online channels and engage prospects throughout their entire buying cycle.
- Liaise with the Revenue team to ensure localised requirements are addressed.
- Work with the Sales team to develop sales training tools/collateral, presentations, competitive analysis and general sales support.
- Develop, test, and optimise acquisition marketing initiatives, to deliver on agreed customer targets, at the lowest possible cost.
- Experience leading marketing in a high-growth business, ideally SaaS
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to coach and lead people and develop a strong team culture
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a clear vision to Board level
- Experience in using customer insight to drive marketing innovation
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to work across time zones and global office locations
MitchelLake Growth are working on a retained basis with AgriWebb and are responsible for all pre-screening of candidates. All direct and third-party CVs will be forwarded to us. If this role is of interest and you believe you have the right skill set, please apply or, get in contact with Jake McGaw at or 0421 547 049.