We are looking for a Principal Product Designer, to lead on and inspire team members to create outstanding design solutions.
- Venture-backed start-up
- Collaborative start-up culture
- Growing design team
We are in partnership with a venture-backed SaaS start-up, that is has revolutionised the way their users interact with their customers. They now have a growing team of over a 100 of the best minds in tech in Australia and the US, and a flexible, modern tech-startup culture.
Reporting to the Design Director, you will:
- Plan and lead on web and mobile product strategy.
- Be a mentor and role model to less experienced designers.
- Lead user research initiatives within your team including writing discussion guides, moderating validation sessions and conducting interviews.
- Leverage insight to uncover user problems and opportunities.
- Explore user problems via flows, wireframes, designs, and prototypes before putting them in front of users.
- Ensure interfaces remain high quality and cohesive throughout implementation.
- Communicate design intent to both internal and external teams.
- 6+ years experience designing digital products (SaaS experience is a favorable advantage) from start to finish.
- Ability to inspire, mentor and guide other designers.
- Insightful design thinking, strong visual design, information architecture, experience flows, wireframing, prototyping and a propensity for experimentation.
- Deep knowledge and championing of modern UX patterns.
- Experience designing for a wide device and platform spectrum including native mobile.
- A strong understanding of front-end technologies.
- Passionate about making things better for the customer.
- Strong experience working with lean, agile teams.