Lead the design capability for this fast growing, tech lead start-up with a strong global presence!
- Fast growing, highly successful tech lead mature SASS start-up business
- Permanent, FT opportunity - Surry Hills location
- 70% UI, 30% UX split
My client is an Australian technology lead SASS mature start-up with a mission to help businesses do a lot more with a lot less. They are moving fast to develop creative and innovative solutions to real-life problems. Founded in 2012, the business has grown at a rapid pace and have offices in Sydney, San Francisco and Manilla. Their team in Sydney currently sits at 40 across technology, product management, sales, customer success and marketing.
We are sourcing for a prolific, Lead Product Designer to help us design truly innovative solutions to real world problems. We need you to help us identify, investigate, and validate problems then design, prototype, and test solutions that combine and balance simplicity with utility. Ideally, you will have had some exposure to commercial projects (either within startup or larger organisational settings) leveraging best-practice design methodologies, including Human-Centered Design, Lean UX, Atomic Design (pattern-based design).
The role is based in Surry Hills, Sydney and is a FT permanent role with an immediate start for the right candidate.
This role is ideally 70% visual/UI design, and 30% UX focus. Essentially a creative, visually design lead candidate with a strong grounding/understanding of modern UX principles.
My client is all about attitude. What comes before anything: passion for what you do, a can do attitude, being able to walk the walk, invested interest in their product & business, strong design executional skills and a strong team player.
This is a retained, exclusive search to MitchelLake.
What you'll be doing in this role / required:
- The interest to apply a human-centered design approach to developing a deep understanding of the problems we are solving and validate assumptions and opportunities with thoughtful research techniques
- Facilitating design-led discovery workshops with key stakeholders, to define user personas, map out their user journeys and define user stories
- Conducting heuristic evaluation and applying best practice interface design principles, to ensure intuitive, user-friendly solutions to complex problems
- Application and expansion of my client's Style Guide and Pattern Libraries (we're pursuing atomic design as the underlying methodology of our design system)
- Conducting content and pattern audits on existing solutions, to inform information architecture and enhancements to our Pattern Libraries
- Developing lean wireframes and information architecture with a view to diving into functional, coded prototypes as soon as possible
- Developing rapid prototypes in code, leveraging our pattern library and design system (and, where useful, leveraging tools such as Proto.io / Invisionapp)
- Running one-on- one contextual enquiry user sessions and larger focus groups, distilling insights generated to inform iterations to prototypes or existing product
- Executing all visual design stages from requirements to final engineering hand-off
- Populating product backlog items with functional specifications and design annotations, ready for development by the engineering team
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders to achieve the best results.
** What you'll need to succeed:**
- Primary focus on product design, UX, UI, business analysis, system integrations and other enterprise applications
- You are capable of taking a project from ideation through to implementation using design methodologies to plan, organise, test, visualise and build product(s)
- Business knowledge in software/high industry, emerging technologies focusing on cloud products, SaaS platforms, or Enterprise Applications
- A strong design eye with the ability to work within existing guidelines, while also expanding them
- Experience with applying lean UX techniques (prototyping in code and working highly collaboratively with engineers) and pattern-based design principles (aka atomic design)
- Sound understanding of responsive web development; cross-browser and cross-device agnostic developmentExperience with Jira, Pivotal, Aha, other Issue Tracking Software
- Experience with Proto.io, Invisionapp, or similar prototyping/wireframing tool
- Agile/Scrum experience desired.
The salary for this role is $120,000 - $170,000 + Super for the right candidate, dependent on capability and experience.
This a terrific role for the right candidate. My client produces products that make a real difference, and have a high-performing, highly collaborative culture with a strong, clear vision echoed by strong management and leadership.
Please send through your application ASAP to be considered, or email michael (at) mitchellake (dot) com for more info. Good luck!