Superb opportunity for a Senior Designer to work with one of Australia's most successful digitally focused healthcare companies!
- Lead the design capability from the front - 60%, 40% split
- FT, permanent role
- Bondi Junction location
My client has been an innovator in the fast-growing digital healthcare sector since 2010.
The mission is to empower Australians to make better health decisions. To achieve this, my client has developed a range of products to make it easier for General Practitioners, Specialists and Pharmacists to access information that can help improve health outcomes for patients. They have partnerships with 100+ leading healthcare organisations. Their website receives 480,000+ unique visitors and 1,000,000+ page views each month.
We are sourcing for a Senior UI/UX Designer to help us design truly innovative solutions to real world problems. We need you to help us identify, investigate, and validate problems then design, prototype, and test solutions that combine and balance simplicity with utility.
The role is based in Bondi Junction and is a FT permanent role with an immediate start for the right candidate.
You will lead a small design team of two, and work closely my client's development team which currently sits at five.
This role is ideally 60% visual/UI design, and 40% UX focus. Essentially a creative, visually design lead candidate with a strong grounding/understanding of modern UX principles. While you do not need to be a coder, an understanding of front end coding and/or experience working with developers or within a tech driven environment would be highly desirable. Yes, we know we are entering unicorn territory with these requests!!
My client is all about attitude. What comes before anything: passion for what you do, a can do attitude, being able to walk the walk, invested interest in their product & business, strong design executional skills and a strong team player.
This is an exclusive search to MitchelLake.
What you'll be doing in this role / required:
- Conducting heuristic evaluation and applying best practice interface design principles, to ensure intuitive, user-friendly solutions to complex problems
- Application and expansion of my client's Style Guide and Pattern Libraries (we're pursuing atomic design as the underlying methodology of our design system)
- Developing lean wireframes and information architecture with a view to diving into functional, coded prototypes as soon as possible
- Developing rapid prototypes in code, leveraging our pattern library and design system (and, where useful, leveraging tools such as Proto.io / Invisionapp)
- Executing all visual design stages from requirements to final engineering hand-off
- Populating product backlog items with functional specifications and design annotations, ready for development by the engineering team
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders to achieve the best results.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Primary focus on product design, UX, UI, business analysis, system integrations and other enterprise applications
- You are capable of taking a project from ideation through to implementation using design methodologies to plan, organise, test, visualise and build product(s)
- A strong design eye with the ability to work within existing guidelines, while also expanding them
- Experience with applying lean UX techniques (prototyping in code and working highly collaboratively with engineers) and pattern-based design principles (aka atomic design)
- Sound understanding of responsive web development; cross-browser and cross-device agnostic developmentExperience with Jira, Pivotal, Aha, other Issue Tracking Software.
The salary for this role is $110 - $115K + Super for the right candidate, dependent on capability and experience.
This a terrific role for the right candidate. My client produces products that make a real difference, and have a high-performing, highly collaborative culture with a strong, clear vision echoed by strong management and leadership. There is a strong social/environment focus to their work.
Please send through your application ASAP to be considered, or email michael (at) mitchellake (dot) com for more info. Good luck!