Be the first design hire for this fast growing, tech lead start-up with a strong global presence!
- Fast growing, early stage B2B fintech start-up, based in Bondi Junction
- First design hire for the business
- Ideally a 50/50 UI / UX split
My client is a fast growing B2B fintech start-up venture, 12 months old! It's aim is to empower and liberate small businesses - be it access to capital, networking, advice or anything else. We want to be a non-bank bank for SMEs. We are sourcing for a UI/UX Designer to help us design truly innovative solutions to real world problems. We need you to help us identify, investigate, and validate problems then design, prototype, and test solutions that combine and balance simplicity with utility. Ideally, you will have had some exposure to commercial projects (either within startup or larger organisational settings) leveraging best-practice design methodologies, including Human-Centered Design, Lean UX, Atomic Design (pattern-based design).
The role is based in Bondi Junction and is a FT permanent role with an immediate start for the right candidate.
This role is ideally 50% visual/UI design, and 50% UX focus. Essentially a creative, visually design lead candidate with a strong grounding/understanding of modern UX principles.
*My client is all about attitude. What comes before anything: passion for what you do, a can do attitude, being able to walk the walk, invested interest in their product & business, strong design executional skills and a strong team player. They have a super flat structure, and don't believe in hierarchy or "titles". *
This is an exclusive search to MitchelLake.
What you'll be doing in this role / required:
- The interest to apply a human-centered design approach to developing a deep understanding of the problems we are solving and validate assumptions and opportunities with thoughtful research techniques
- Conducting heuristic evaluation and applying best practice interface design principles, to ensure intuitive, user-friendly solutions to complex problems
- Conducting content and pattern audits on existing solutions, to inform information architecture and enhancements to our Pattern Libraries
- Developing lean wireframes and information architecture with a view to diving into functional, coded prototypes as soon as possible
- Developing rapid prototypes in code, leveraging our pattern library and design system (and, where useful, leveraging tools such as Proto.io / Invisionapp)
- Executing all visual design stages from requirements to final engineering hand-off
- Populating product backlog items with functional specifications and design annotations, ready for development by the engineering team
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders to achieve the best results.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Primary focus on product design, UX, UI, business analysis, system integrations and other enterprise applications
- You are capable of taking a project from ideation through to implementation using design methodologies to plan, organise, test, visualise and build product(s)
- Business knowledge in software/high industry, emerging technologies focusing on cloud products, SaaS platforms, or Enterprise Applications
- A strong design eye with the ability to work within existing guidelines, while also expanding them
- Experience with applying lean UX techniques (prototyping in code and working highly collaboratively with engineers) and pattern-based design principles (aka atomic design)
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, Invision etc)
- Agile/Scrum experience desired
- Any previous start-up experience would be highly regarded!
The salary for this role is circa $100K - $120K + Super + bonus for the right candidate, dependent on capability and experience.
NB - we can only accept applications from candidates based in Australia. My client cannot sponsor candidates on 457 visas. Permanent residents and Aus citizens only.
This a terrific role for the right candidate. My client produces products that make a real difference, and have a high-performing, highly collaborative culture with a strong, clear vision echoed by strong management and leadership.