A fantastic opportunity for a mid-level UX Designer to join a highly profitable sports racing business, brand new office in the Sydney CBD!
- UX Designer (mid) - full time, permanent role
- Required to partake in an exciting rebuild of my client's digital products
- Highly collaborative, super friendly company culture
My client is a sports racing giant, proudly serving its industry since 1998. A highly profitable business, with a company valuation currently sitting at $40m, approx. 750,000 customers a month a digitally and currently the leading racing resource by approximately 35%, they are looking to appoint a mid-senior UX Designer to join their team!
** This is a full-time, permanent role with an immediate start for the right candidate. The ideal candidate will be a strong UX practitioner, with a good sensitivity to visual design and have 2+ years' experience within the UX field.**
The day to day
* Define and lead the information architecture for complex content solutions and how it applies across different platforms, from web to native mobile.
* Prepare and facilitate UX design and discovery workshops to capture key business and user requirements and insights.
* Define and lead the creation of complex experience design solutions from user flows and UX concepts to detailed wireframes.
* Perform and direct iterative user testing and establish fast feedback cycles that can be implemented into the design.
* Conduct and lead effective research including; heuristic analysis, competitive/market analysis, user/stakeholder interviews, analytics assessment and the creation of personas/user journeys
* Work collaboratively with all disciplines throughout the entire lifecycle process to ensure a holistic and seamless delivery.
* 2-4+ years professional work within the experience design field
* Strong portfolio with focus on entire project process, approaching problems and defining decisions, along with examples of work products and deliverables produced.
* Great facilitation and collaboration skills, a flexible and friendly approach to working in teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes.
* Demonstrate strategic thinking when it comes to design recommendations based on best practices, user research and usability discoveries and business value.
* Understanding of user research methods - including, but not limited to, interviews, field studies, surveys, user testing, focus groups, card sorting, analytics, A/B testing, and so on.
* Experience in organizing and leading user testing sessions, from recruiting users, to conducting sessions and incorporating continuous feedback into the design.
* A good eye for visual design and ability to craft products that are aesthetically pleasing as well as functional and intuitive.
* Experience in mentoring teams, upskilling and influencing about the importance of design thinking.
* Strong understanding of agile software delivery principles.
* Experience with prototyping tools such as Axure, InVision and Sketch (or similar.)
* A strong understanding of iOS and Android mobile patterns is preferred.
* Have the following personal attributes: initiative, integrity, perseverance, trust and personal credibility; be a clear communicator (both verbal and written); hungry for results, a good listener; detail-oriented with strong organizational skills; strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate to effectively meet deadlines; ability to work in a collaborative team environment; and clear attention to detail is key.
My client is rebuilding their entire product suite and systems, including a brand new website, a mobile site and a slick new mobile app. You will report to the Head of Product, and work alongside a mid level UX Designer and a junior Digital/UI Designer.
*My client is based in Taren Point, but have recently secured a new fantastic co-working space in the CBD, where this role will be based. This is a truly exciting time to join the business, and to work on some real meaty stuff, not tedious maintenance work! *
The environment is relaxed, collaborative, super friendly and genuine, and most of all fun! Ideas, resourcefulness and creativity are welcomed, egos and inflexibility are most definitely not.
Salary on offer is circa $80K - $100K + Super, depending on your skills and amount of experience within the industry.
You will need to hold a valid Australian work visa, and be based in Australia to be able to apply.
Send your application to michael (at) mitchellake (dot) com to kick things off. Good luck!