A fantastic opportunity for a UI / Visual Designer to join a highly profitable sports racing business, brand new office in the Sydney CBD!
- Permanent, full time role
- Highly profitable sports racing business
- Required to partake in an exciting rebuild of my client's digital products!
My client is a sports racing giant, proudly serving its industry since 1998. A highly profitable business, with a company valuation currently sitting at $40m, approx. 750,000 customers a month a digitally and currently the leading racing resource by approximately 35%, they are looking to appoint a Visual / UI Designer to join their team! Read on...
Ideally you are a talented, creative mid level UI/Visual Designer with strong experience in responsive design, strong data visualization skills and solid experience in designing for mobile!
The day to day
- Collaborating with the Senior Designer to deliver innovative visual designs for mobile and web that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex sets of data and information.
- Designing each screen or page with which a user interacts and ensuring that the UI visually communicates the path that a UX designer has laid out.
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to technology
- Work closely with the senior designer to establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Work collaboratively with all Product, UX and Technology throughout the entire lifecycle process to ensure a holistic and seamless delivery.
- You love exploring new design trends, are inspired by experimentation and love sharing your knowledge with everyone around you.
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- A good eye for visual design and ability to craft products that are aesthetically pleasing as well as functional and intuitive.
- Experience with responsive website design.
- Any experience with mobile app design would be highly regarded
- Strong data visualization skills
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Creation of design specifications and visual assets for the development team.
- Expert knowledge of Sketch App and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong interaction and prototyping skills
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Have the following personal attributes: initiative, integrity, perseverance, trust and personal credibility; be a clear communicator (both verbal and written); hungry for results, a good listener; detail-oriented with strong organizational skills; strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate to effectively meet deadlines; ability to work in a collaborative team environment; and clear attention to detail is key.
This is an exclusive and retained search to MitchelLake. We partnering with this client to build out a brand new digital team (8-10 hires), which can be discussed further during a confidential discussion.
My client is rebuilding their entire product suite and systems, including a brand new website, a mobile site and a slick new mobile app. You will report to the Head of Product in this role.
*My client is based in Taren Point, but have recently secured a new fantastic co-working space in the CBD, where this role will be based. This is a truly exciting time to join the business, and to work on some real meaty stuff, not tedious maintenance work! *
The environment is relaxed, collaborative, super friendly and genuine, and most of all fun! Ideas, resourcefulness and creativity are welcomed, egos and inflexibility are most definitely not.
Salary on offer: $80K - $90K + Super.
Please send through your application through via the APPLY button, or email michael (at) mitchellake (dot) com. We are looking for the ideal candidate to start in the next four weeks. Good luck!