Fast growing Australian technology business that has an exciting product in a new industry segment, looking for someone to run the commercial op.
- Own the commercial operation for a fast growing startup in a new industry
- Part of the executive leadership team
- Hands-on, fast paced, fast growing
Our client has created a market leading technology that collects data points on the condition and performance of assets and using their unique algorithms, can accurately estimate the degradation and lifecycle of these assets. The result for organisations is the ability to make informed decisions which can significantly reduce cost and risk exposure as they are able proactively upgrade and maintain their assets for as long as possible, optimising expenditure across their portfolio, saving millions of dollars in unplanned maintenance and early replacements.
Our client has spent the past four years building and refining their asset management technology, winning some marquee clients and honing how they work best. They are in the process of relaunching their website with a new GTM and are looking to rapidly scale the business. As a result, they are looking for a Chief Revenue Officer to own the commercial direction of the business, assist them in winning new clients, and build a fantastic commercial engine for the business. You will play a vital part of the leadership team that is bringing this product to the world.
- Own the strategic direction for the commercial arm
- Work closely with the management team to set revenue targets for the business and for yourself
- Identify and win new commercial opportunities, both locally and internationally (especially APAC)
- Manage the P&L, and use your knowledge to of the SaaS revenue model to implement structure around forecasting, ARR, churn etc.
- Implement structure around sales methodology and build a high-performing commercial team
- Educate the team on how to build a rigorous SaaS business.
- Embrace the title of "player - coach" as you work closely with the team to ensure all of your collective success
- Own the commercial direction for not just the SaaS part of the business, but all products.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- A clear track record of owning the successful commercial growth of a SaaS business in Australia
- Experience in selling and managing a SaaS and Services business
- Successfully grown a commercial team across multiple verticals, as well as building the revenue for that team as well
- A track record of growing a high-performing P&L, where you had to develop the go-to-market strategy for a new product or product segment
- Extremely strong sales methodology and understand the "science of selling"
- Be an excellent leader, manager, and motivator
- Confident public speaker and an advocate for the business outside of just face-to-face sales
- Excellent strategic/consultative skills
- Be a self-starter and thrive in ambiguity
Please apply via the ad or send an email Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.